This recipe landed in my inbox by way of the NYTimes food email and I think I ended up making them because their picture was soooo enticing... lol...I hope mine is too?!
This is such a simple recipe...we're talking blueberry muffins! But these are like cake muffins...when have you ever creamed butter to make muffins? I don't know about you, but I never have before. These also came with me on the recent camping trip with friends and they disappeared rather quickly....I hope to make them again soon! FYI....if you have any left...place them in a brown paper bag and they will keep for a day or two. Enjoy!
Servings: 12 delicious muffins
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries, washed, drained and picked over
- 3 teaspoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Put cupcake liners in a 12 cupcake pan.
2. Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs individually and beat as you drop each one in. After that blend in the vanilla.
4. Sift together your dry ingredients and then add them to the egg mixture slowly, alternating adding the milk. Add a little flour, add a little milk, add a little flour...etc.
5. At this point the original recipe calls for you to mash up 1/2 cup of the blueberries, mix those in and then fold in the remaining. I just folded them all in and they turned out fine.
6. Fill the muffin pan, sprinkle the tops with the 3 teaspoons of sugar, and bake for 30 min. Place on a rack to cool.